This half-day event is designed to empower ANY small business in government contracting. Hear insights from successful entrepreneurs and subject matter experts to take your business to the next level.
Gain knowledge to changes in government contracting, how small businesses succeed in a competitive job market, and discover new business strategies. This is your opportunity to prepare for the future in government contracting.
11:00-11:30 Registration | Networking
11:35-12:30 Leaders Embracing Change Lunch Panel (Lunch Provided)
Successful women leaders with diverse backgrounds share insights on leading an organization in an ever-changing environment. This panel offers personal stories on embracing change to overcome the challenges.
· Mary Griffith, CEO, AVISTA Strategies, Inc.
· Kristina “KB” Barbee, Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
· Sandra Cepeda, President & CEO, Cepeda Systems & Software Analysis, Inc.
· Alice Lessmann, CEO, Signalink, Inc.
· Paula Steigerwald, President & CEO, Huntsville Botanical Garden
· Lynn Troy, CEO, Troy 7, Inc.
12:30-12:45 Networking Break
12:45-1:30 Strategic Teaming for Government Contracts
The changing government contracting environment requires collaboration. Learn how to create and manage valuable strategic partnerships including Joint Ventures and Mentor-Protégé relationships.
· Laura Anderson, PM for Mentor Protégé Programs Missile Defense Agency (MDA) (Invited)
· Dana Cave, Senior Analyst, Tec-Masters, Inc., Mentor-Protégé
· Matt Reed, Program Manager, Tec-Masters, Inc., Mentor-Protégé
· Peggy Sammon, CEO, GeneCapture, Inc., Protégé
1:30-2:15 Changing Trends in Government Contracting
Receive an overview of Best in Class Contracts, Category Management, the National Defense Authorization Act, and the 809 Panel. Also, hear an in-depth panel discussion on Other Transaction Authorities (OTAs).
· Leigh Christian, Managing Member, Plans to Prosper Consulting, LLC.
· Christina Brantley, OTA Program Manager, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center (formerly AMRDEC)
· Eric Edwards, Executive Director, Aviation and Missile Technology Consortium (AMTC)
· Carrie Mahanna (Formerly Lewis), Senior Strategic Programs Specialist, Intuitive Research & Technology Corporation
· Dynetics Representative
2:15-2:30 Dessert Break
2:30-3:15 Evolution of Recruiting and Retention
Learn how recruitment and retention strategies have changed. Stay relevant in these practice areas to enable continued growth. Hear about the latest trends, best practices, and leveraging these for your business.
· Jamie N. Jones, SPHR, Talent Acquisition Manager/HR Strategist, Sentar, Inc.
3:15-4:00 Managing Contracts from a Big Business Perspective
Large business partners will describe their expectations for small businesses. Discussion will include compliance standards, recommendations to small businesses when priming or subbing, helpful hints, and where to direct their focus.
· Alice Lessmann, CEO, Signalink, Inc.
· Edwina Musante, CEO, Cortina Solutions, LLC
· Bruce Emerson, Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management, SAIC – NASA Programs
· Lauren Magnusson, Sr. Contract Administrator Leader, Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation
· Elizabeth Phoemavong, Subcontracts, Torch Technologies
· Stephanie Watson, Principal Contract Administrator, Dynetics
4:00-4:45 Polishing Your Pipeline
Ensure your strategic vision aligns with future agency needs. Government representatives share their perspective on contracting goals, challenges, and business opportunities.
· Mary Griffith, CEO, AVISTA Strategies, Inc
· Almeta Austin, Deputy Section Chief of Procurement, Federal Bureau of Investigation
· Chanda Tallman, Direct Client Support Division General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service, Industry Liaison - MAS Transformation Update
· Lee Rosenberg, Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) Director, Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
4:45-5:00 Wrap Up
5:00-7:30 Networking ReceptionHosted for event attendees by ServisFirst Bank @ Rocket City Tavern